DATES + TIMES
We're running the workshop twice so you can choose which day is best for you (or attend both)
Option 1: 10 March 2021, 11-12.30pm (GMT)
Option 2: 12 March 2021, 11-12.30pm (GMT)
Can't make it to the live workshop?
Life-time replay access included in your ticket
- Philosophy & psychology - looking at the life and work of Victor Frankl - and his key idea that as human beings our primary goal in life is to find a purpose - and that each of us has a totally unique meaning to our lives - which shifts as we go along.. so our manifesto must grow and shift too.. a new manifesto for every season of our lives.
- A very brief history of manifestos - from their use as tools in English revolutionary movements to the communist manifesto, right through to their adoption in 20th century art. We will give you various templates with missing words for you to fill out / so we create manifestos together.
- The three psychological musts - storytelling elements that go into all movement building including:
- The attractive character: dramatic backstory - what makes you uniquely qualified to deliver this manifesto?
- A Future based cause: where can people put their hopes? What result are you offering?
- A new opportunity: all causes that meet with success offer their followers a new opportunity that breaks with the past. What is yours?
- The five rules for leading an online community:
- Polarity - have an opinion, be honest, speak your mind, don't try and please everyone.
- Maintain certainty - no one follows people who are uncertain of where they're going.
- Don't be boring - if you have a manifesto you must live it.
- Be strong - accept that standing up means you'll have detractors.
- Be persuasive - the black magic of words & actions that turn strangers into believers.